Photo a Day in July #27

27.  On the Road

I was on the road quite a bit today.  I drove thirty miles to Farmington to have lunch with my friend Ashlee--we went to grad school together at UCA--at Briar Rose:


Is it not ADORABLE?  I have been dying to go to this cottage bakery since one of my friends on Facebook liked their page last year!  The food was so yummy, too:

tomato soup and a turkey and bacon ciabatta sandwich

strawberry cake and chocolate silk cake
We got two slices--one of each flavor--and split them to share.  :)

I also drank a gallon of sweet, iced Earl Grey tea.  ;)
We had lunch at 12:30, but we didn't leave until 4:45 or so!  We talked about everything (teaching, jobs, literature, dating, makeup, clothes, food, TV, movie, music, our cats).  We really need to hang out more often than once a year!

I actually didn't get a picture "on the road" until I got home and realized I needed to go back to the pharmacy since we are getting up early in the morning to take a train ride and I am out of my medication. I had planned to stop on my way home, but I didn't use the restroom before I left Briar Rose, so I was nearly dying when I got home.  I called Zach as I was pulling into our neighborhood to see if the door was unlocked because I knew I had to haul butt inside.  ;)  I mean, my abdomen was hurting because I had to tinkle so badly.  And, of course, he tells me he is standing outside, which means he is probably talking to someone (turns out, our landlady).  I apologize and rush past them; thankfully, they were still outside after I was relieved so I could apologize again.  *lol*  I told Becky (that's our landlady) that her granddaughters would probably LOVE Briar Rose if she ever had the chance to take them.

So I came in and relaxed a bit before I realized I needed to go tonight to get my prescription.  At the stoplight as I was heading back home, I remembered I needed a photo, so I took some of the road running perpendicular to the one I was on, but they didn't turn out well, so I took two of my dash, but I didn't like them.  Finally, I thought a picture of the XM radio would be perfect since that's the big thing I love about our Velosteraptor (Hyundai), so I scanned the channels to see if a good song was on, and "Ho Hey" was coming on just as I turned to The Spectrum!

I just love this Lumineers' song!  You may have heard it on a Bing commercial (I think?).  It is so catchy and sweet:


(Ho!) I've been trying to do it right
(Hey!) I've been living a lonely life
(Ho!) I've been sleeping here instead
(Hey!)I've been sleeping in my bed,
(Ho!) I've been sleeping in my bed (Hey!)

(Ho!)

(Ho!) So show me family
(Hey!) All the blood that I would bleed
(Ho!) I don't know where I belong
(Hey!) I don't know where I went wrong
(Ho!) But I can write a song (Hey!)

1,2,3 I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweetheart
I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweet (Ho!)

(hey!)
(ho!)
(hey!)

(ho!) I don't think you're right for him
(hey!) Look at what it might have been if you
(ho!) Took a bus to Chinatown
(hey!) I've been standing on Canal
(ho!) And Bowery (hey!)
(ho!) And she'd be standing next to me (hey!)

1,2,3 I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweetheart
I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweetheart

And love, we need it now
Let's hope for some
Cause oh, we're bleeding out

I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweetheart
I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweet (Ho!)

(Hey!)
(Ho!)
(Hey!)

Share Your Thoughts

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I will reply to you as soon as possible!