Photo a Day in July #18

18.  Plate

Not just any plate--it's a pie plate!  We had chicken pot pie tonight.  It is one of our favorite things to eat at home; I make a mean homemade pot pie, if I do say so myself.  :)  I usually use cheddar cheese soup mixed with milk and chicken broth, but since I was out, I improvised with what I had.  I also add in what vegetables we have; today, it was a cubed potato, sliced carrot, sliced celery, green beans, and corn.  I used some leftover KFC chicken and added in a little bit of cheddar cheese, too.  Of course, I made homemade crust, which didn't turn out as pretty as it usually does because I was in a hurry and hungry.  Ah, it was so TASTY!  If you want my recipe, you can find it here.  Once upon a time, I didn't like pot pie, but Zach did, so I researched several different recipes and combined what I liked.  And I haven't looked back since!

(There is actually another recipe Zach likes better, but I have only made it up once before misplacing the recipe and then finding it on my old blog; I should probably try it again and compare since I have become such a fan of this creation...and he always misses the other.  BUT he does love this one--I promise!  :)

Share Your Thoughts

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I will reply to you as soon as possible!