Menu Monday: P is for Peach Tart


We bought some locally grown peaches this past week, but then we both got sick and didn't quite feel like eating much, much less healthy snacks.  Some of them were getting a bit soft, so I decided I need to make something with them.  I thought about my peach cobbler, and then peach pie, but settled on peach tarts.  However, I didn't feel like making small ones, so I decided to try a RUSTIC PEACH TART.


RUSTIC PEACH TART

1 pie crust (I use the recipe in my KitchenAid mixer cookbook.)
3 cups peaches
1/4 sugar
4 tsp. flour
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. sliced almonds
milk

-Preheat oven to 375.
-Roll out pie crust on a cookie sheet so that it is close to 13 inches.
-In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, and nutmeg.  Add peaches and lemon juice; toss to coat.
-In the center of the crust, pile the peach filling on, but leave two inches around the edge.
-Fold up edges over filling, crimping as you go, so that it is flush.
-Sprinkle almonds over filling and brush milk onto the crust.
-Bake for 35-42 minutes until crust is brown.  Let cool on cookie sheet for 30 minutes.

[serves 8]

This was so good and only took about 30 minutes to prepare, and then I could pop it in the oven and go about my business!  The nutmeg flavor was subtle yet definitely left me dreaming of fall.  Next time, I think I will make a praline pecan topping to add as I saw that many of my peach pie recipes combined those flavors.  YUMMY!

What have you been baking lately?

 photo b1ec0eef-a9ee-48d9-87d2-1285feb7aa0c_zpsd6f56ab6.jpg

Share Your Thoughts

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I will reply to you as soon as possible!