Menu Monday: Cinnamon Toast

Last week, we didn't do a ton of cooking because I started off the week sick, which mean we hadn't bought groceries.  Then we were struggling to find time to hit up the grocery store after work, and the one day I could go, my purse got locked up in my office!  (The new security officer couldn't find the right key to let my boss and me in.)  I finally made it Thursday evening, but then the weekend arrived, and we had plans with friends.  So...not much cooking happened.

But I did make some more Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Toast for breakfast, which was the third time I had made it in about a week and a half, which is crazy for us because I have to have variety.  If you try it, you will understand why!


CINNAMON TOAST, THE PIONEER (WOMAN) WAY
(It just happens to match my coach.  Apparently, it really IS cinnamon-colored.)

4 slices of bread
1/2 stick of butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
1/2 tsp. vanilla

-Preheat oven to 350
-Mash butter with a fork.  Add in sugar and spices, and mush to blend.
-Add vanilla, and stir to combine.
-Spread one side of bread with the cinnamon butter mixture.  Place on baking sheet, buttered side up.  (Duh. ;)
-Bake for 10 minutes.  Then broil for one.

[serves 2--you probably want to double this!]

Sooo good!  It reminds me of my childhood and of fall and yummy things to eat.  SOOO GOOD!

Are you getting in the fall mood with food?  The weather has been ridiculous here, so I've been wearing boots and dreaming of pumpkin bread and spiked apple cider.  :)

 photo b1ec0eef-a9ee-48d9-87d2-1285feb7aa0c_zpsd6f56ab6.jpg

Share Your Thoughts

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I will reply to you as soon as possible!