Yeah, I know, I know. I am almost a week late. Sometimes life gets in the way. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself for not following through, but I am the type of person who become disappointed in herself when she falls behind, even if it's a non-work project (if you know what I mean--this is a self-imposed self-improvement project, you could say). Oh, well. Here I am! At least I am not a FULL week late. ;)
1. I am grateful to have less negativity in my life, even if it means putting distance between myself and a friend (or, in this case, a relative).
2. I am grateful to have seen Pokey LaFarge and Jack White a week ago. I had never heard of Pokey LaFarge, but they reminded me of The Soggy Bottom Boys and were a lot of fun to hear play. I think my mama would like them, too. (Possible Christmas present?) It was a great show, and I love Jack though I do miss The White Stripes. I just wish Zach and I could hold up for that long. (Concerts without seats are rough these days.) I still feel that Cain's Ballroom is a fantastic venue, especially since they just added a BBQ restaurant!!
3. I am grateful my hair is growing back in. And for new haircuts. :)
4. I am grateful my husband made it home safely from his conference and that he got his scooter back this week.
5. I am grateful for our kitties because they make good company when I am home alone.
6. I am grateful The Walking Dead has started back--and that I got into it over the summer so Zach and I can watch it together and discuss it with all of our friends.
7. I am grateful for my sweet students. It is fun to watch them grow and improve, and we are having a blast with this unit (even if I didn't want to teach this week--I wasn't feeling too hot).
8. I am grateful that my Phoenix class is finished. (It has made me feel like it is Christmas break, which is another reason why it has been difficult to work this week. *lol*)
9. I am grateful for new recipes. I could cook all day!
10. I am excited for my dear friend Monica's baby shower this weekend! And so grateful I can go (because I almost lost the chance)!