Be Grateful #11

1)  I'm ever so grateful I got to stay home today (especially since the sinus monster took up residence in my brain again).
We met our friends, Mervin and Teryl, at the Crystal Bridges party.  Little did we know that Teryl and I would have the same costume on!  And here we are with the other two Holly Golightly's (a.k.a. Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's) we found!

2)  I'm thankful we did so many fun things with friends this weekend:  the young patrons' Halloween party at Crystal Bridges, our Mustaches and Muah fondue party, and zombie paintball!


3)  And tonight, I'm thankful for our Fall Feast!  Every year since Zach and I started dating, we choose a night around Halloween to have a mini-Thanksgiving and to watch the Charlie Brown and Garfield specials.  I went all out tonight:  roasted chicken, mashed sweet potatoes with marshmallows, green bean casserole, Stove Top (Zach's favorite stuffing--he's weird ;), buttered corn, tomato herb toast, spiced apple cider, pumpkin pie, and homemade Halloween sugar cookies.  I had fun decorating cookies this afternoon.  No wonder I'm stuffed!


4)  I'm pleased it will be an easy week at work (I think).


5)  How can I not praise the Lord that I have 11 Composition classes left and six Beginning Briting ones left?!  I love my students and I love teaching, but I will be so happy when Thanksgiving Break gets here.  :)
I just love this picture of Zach!

6)  And I'll be so happy when this election is over.  It has made people so angry and aggressive and divisive.  It's no surprise that our politicians can't work together when folks in the same family can't agree to disagree.

7)  I'm forever grateful to have a husband who knows the way to my heart at midday:  corndogs.


8)  I went to the doctor on Thursday, and he gave me a great report!  I am now cleared to have labs drawn every eight weeks rather than every month, and after I have my routine colonoscopy, I won't have to go back to the clinic for a year!  Dr. Stagg was amazed at how well I am compared to a year ago, and he even complimented my haircut because we didn't have as much to talk about.  *lol*  My sweet nurse Becky even hugged me when I was leaving because she was so happy.  :)  


9)  We have two beautifully carved pumpkins on our porch, there is a chill in the air, and I have a cup of spiced apple cider to keep me warm.  Thank you, Jesus, for this day!

Share Your Thoughts

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I will reply to you as soon as possible!