Z is for ZUCCHINI


I've mentioned before that we aren't huge zucchini and squash fans around here (unless the squash is fried).  But we do like some baked squash casserole every now and then, and I like fruited squash, and we even enjoyed zucchini bread.  Still, I am looking for a squash and zucchini recipe that makes me go, "WOW!"

This came pretty close.  In fact, Zach liked it quite a bit.  It was on the spicy side--I think I used too much pepper and garlic powder.  *lol*  I made the mistake of slicing my zucchini slices too thin.  We got this zucchini from our landlords/neighbors who have a garden on their farm.  They brought us three bags of groceries that included such random things as red and golden potatoes, jalapeños, and a cantaloup.  They also gave us a ton of cucumbers, but they were bitter.  :(  The delicious cantaloup made up for them.  :)

Parmesan-Roasted Zucchini

squash, sliced 1/2-3/4 inch thick
olive oil spray
olive oil
salt
pepper
garlic powder
grated parmesan

Preheat oven to 400.  Spray a cookie sheet with olive oil spray.
Place cut zucchini on cookie sheet.  Using a pastry brush, brush the side facing upward.
Sprinkle on salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
Top with grated parmesan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown and fork tender.  Serve hot.  :)

I served these with roasted rosemary potatoes, green beans, and leftover homemade breadsticks.  We love veggie night!
(To balance my veggies, I definitely had a HUGE bowl of ice cream for dessert at 11 o'clock at night after watching the Fab Five take the gold in gymnastics and Michael Phelps be crowned the best Olympian athlete with his 19th win.  ;)

Share Your Thoughts

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I will reply to you as soon as possible!