Be Grateful #1

Inspired by Feel LOVD Everyday, I decided that the first week of classes would be a good time to start a gratitude journal.  I hope it will help me keep my sanity.  *heh*  Hopefully, I will actually keep up with this project unlike the last one two handful that I've started.  (Hey, I DID complete the "photo-a-day" challenge!)  I challenge myself to do this every Monday of the semester.  So...sixteen more weeks left.  *wink wink*  Who's counting?

One of my colleagues has a garden and brought tons of tomatoes and cucumbers to our meeting last week.  I wonder why this is the only one ripening...?  It's sure cool to watch it happen!

1.  I am grateful that I am teaching the same courses this semester that I taught last year because that means I have materials created and some inkling of what I am doing.  *lol*
2.  I am grateful for new editions of books when they mean actual improvement of the content and delivery.
3. I am grateful for the butterflies in my stomach because that means I care about what I do.  :)

Wish me luck!  My first class is at nine in the morning (Composition I) , and then I have a three-hour class at six tomorrow night (Beginning Writing).

Share Your Thoughts

  1. Hope your semester is off to a wonderful start!
    My friend and I keep our gratitude journals via e-mail ... we e-mail each other about 3 things we are grateful for that day. We try to do this every weekday, and it's a really wonderful way to feel connected and up to date on each other's lives because we live so far apart. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very cool! Maybe I should start something similar with one of my friends who lives far away...

      Delete
  2. I like it! I hope your school year goes well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I will reply to you as soon as possible!