Happy New Year!

I'm posting from Chicago today! We are packing up to head to O'Hare because we go back to work tomorrow. *boo* I've been out of pocket since the snow break we had at the beginning of December: once we got back from the snow days, we were busy with finals, grading, Silver Dollar City, wrapping up work, finishing things up for Christmas, Zach's Grandpa's funeral, Christmas festivities, and traveling to Chicago for the New Year. Gosh, December goes by too fast...

Here's to 2014!  I've got some nice goals lined up regarding my health, serving others, showing gratitude to God, reading, writing, and ironing. Yes, I've resolved to iron our clothes more! (They look so much nicer. :)

How are you celebrating the New Year? Any resolutions?

 photo b1ec0eef-a9ee-48d9-87d2-1285feb7aa0c_zpsd6f56ab6.jpg

Share Your Thoughts

  1. i'm not sure what this says about me, but i don't remember the last time i ironed! ha!

    have safe travels back:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We HATE ironing in this household. I pulled out my iron yesterday, and it was covered in dust! But I got four pairs of pants done. :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about Zach's grandpa :( And yes, December does go by too fast. I'm a little bummed that it's all over, but fresh starts are good too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan. Zach's Grandpa was 90, and he was ready to go. When he was admitted to hospice, the nurses and doctors said it could be weeks, months even. On the day he passed, they did their rounds and said the same. My husband's uncle laid down in the room with Grandpa and prayed that the Lord would take him soon. In about 15 minutes, he passed! It was Grandpa's last gift and His gift to us that he did not suffer. His funeral was a beautiful celebration of his life, and we enjoyed the extra time with family. It has been sad to lose him, but we know where he is. :)

      So far, so good with my resolutions! Happy New Year!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I will reply to you as soon as possible!