Menu Monday: ALEXIA SWEET POTATO PUFFS

Sometimes you have to take it easy. That's just what we did this week because I have been EXHAUSTED! (Looks like it might be my immuno-suppressant meds I'm on... : / It's also making my hair fall out. YIPPEE! If it's not one thing, it's forty more. Today, I also lost a filling, so now I have to go to the dentist this week...) Anyway, for veggie night, we made it quick and easy with these ALEXIA SWEET POTATO PUFFS along with some steamed corn and peas. We picked these bad boys up at Target for CHEEEEEEEEEEAP because Zach found a manufacturer's coupon AND a Target coupon online. (My husband is the KING of couponing!)

ALEXIA SWEET POTATO PUFFS

All we had to do was preheat the oven, open the bag, pour out some puffs, and bake for twenty-ish minutes until golden brown. They were so tasty--slightly crunchy with the expected tator tot texture inside. I had seen these in the stores before--and now Sonic has them?--but we don't eat a lot of tator tots around here. We don't eat many "fried" potatoes like French fries or hash browns unless we found ourselves with a hankering for them or they are on sale. (I have to admit that we do tend to keep hash browns in the freezer, but I rarely fry them because that makes a mess. Actually, most of our "fried" potatoes end up baked. :) We do eat a lot of mashed potatoes and baked potatoes on a weekly basis. (HEY! They aren't rough on our troublemaker tummies!)

But I am glad that Zach found those coupons to get these because they were a nice break in the potato monotony we often find ourselves in around here... :)

ready to brown

Share Your Thoughts

  1. these look tasty, I've recently developed a iking for sweet potato

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I will reply to you as soon as possible!