Life Without Facebook (Day One)

Well, y'all, I decided to go without Facebook for Lent. (I must be cra-a-azy. I am ALWAYS on Facebook, which is why I decided it must go. My rationalizations to keep it just showed how much I needed to leave it for a few days...or forty.)

I've almost made one day.

It's been fairly easy. :) I was very productive at work (except for a few minutes I spent on Rate My Professor looking up my friends-who-are-instructors' ratings--I have some HOT instructor friends *lol*--I ended up staying fifteen minutes after work on there!). When I got home, I was able to go walking for twenty minutes, and I dusted the upstairs AND downstairs, and I finally put all of the clean laundry away and made up the bed and started a new load of laundry. I was reading a blog in between of all of this, but it's much better than being on Facebook on Astrid (that's my MacBook's name) AND my iPhone AT THE SAME TIME. (Sooo embarrassing, guys...)

But, in other moments, it was HARD.
For example, a friend of Zach's from his undergrad days, Amy, came to eat dinner and watch Downton Abbey with us on Monday. Somehow, we decided to do quesadillas, and she said she would bring the fixings as long as we picked up some salsa and cheese. (I tried two new flavors of each--lime and garlic salsa and queso panela, and both impressed us! WIIIIIIING!) Amy even brought dessert--coconut ice cream bars! Anyway, she was so sweet to leave the leftover marinated beef, so today I made myself a half-quesadilla for lunch. IT WAS SOOO GOOD! And I immediately wanted to pop on her Facebook timeline and say thank you for leaving the leftovers (since I don't have her number--Zach does). But I couldn't. :( I hope I remember the next time we see her...

Then I was watching The Office for the millionth time, specifically the episode in which Dwight almost burns down the office to prove that the office is not prepared, and it causes Stanley to have a heart attack, and so the company brings in a CPR trainer. She explains to Michael that he should be pumping the chest to the tune of The Bee Gees' "Stayin' Alive," but he starts singing Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive." So the trainer corrects him, and Andy starts singing, and Kelly starts dancing. AND I SWEAR Y'ALL--I dance just like Kelly does! Which means I really don't...I do this sort of awkward moving of my shoulders and arms while rotating from side-to-side at the waist, and it's totally off-beat. I wanted to share that with the Facebook world because I have many a friend who LOVES The Office and many a friend who can appreciate my lack of coordination (because theyand many of friend who does both.

So I shared that bit of realization with Zach when he got home...and now all of you guys. ;)

Share Your Thoughts

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I will reply to you as soon as possible!