Menu Monday: THE PHARRS' FAVORITE ROAST BEEF

I haven't felt too great the past two days, so I don't feel much like writing. But I do want to share our recipe for ROAST BEEF. We've been feasting on this for a couple of snow days!

ROAST BEEF
roast*
1/2 c. red wine (I use a generic table wine)
1/3 c. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp. rosemary
onions, carrots, potatoes

-Mix the red wine, soy sauce, pepper, and rosemary. Place roast in a Crock Pot pan and pour the marinade over it. Marinate in the fridge overnight.
-In the morning, turn Crock Pot on and cook roast on low for eight hours. During the last two, add the onions, carrots, and potatoes.
-No need to add salt! The soy sauce does the trick. :)

*(I usually get a cheaper cut and smaller roast because you can't tell much difference in this dish, and we're only feeding two on a budget of around $50-$60 a week.)

[serves 5+ depending on the size of your roast]

This recipe is wonderful! I did try cooking a new dish--Yorkshire pudding--this week. Yorkshire pudding seems to be something you love or hate. I tried it when I was in the Lake District and LOVED it, although I had to have my traditional Sunday ROAST dinner on Monday. *hehe* It is an eggy quick bread that was originally made with the fat drippings that fell off the roast while cooking. Usually it was served first so everyone would fill up on it before the roast was served, thus stretching out the leftovers. (In my post on colcannon, I mentioned how cooks took the leftover veggies from the big Sunday dinner, mixed them up, and cooked them together.) My Yorkshire pudding recipe was very good and easy, might I add, but I felt like sharing this instead.

I hope you all will stay safe and warm this week. My mother-in-law sent us a text this evening regarding how Ned Perme said Fayetteville is supposed to get over 15 inches of snow on Wednesday. As we are only 30 minutes north, I imagine we will get the same...or more!!

Share Your Thoughts

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I will reply to you as soon as possible!