Be Grateful #5

If you thought last week was crazy, this week was crazy x infinity.  Whoop.  I am tired.

This is a series of photos from our celebration at Mimi's Cafe.  We never got a great picture, but I enjoy these.  :)  The food was amazing (though I didn't care for their mojito and they ran out of chocolate mousse), and our waitress even gave us free muffins!

I started my new job this week as well as continuing on with my three classes.  I am hoping that I will get back to posting sooner in the week rather than later although it may be better to move this to the weekend when I have more time to write.  *lol*  I've been working until six or seven each night to make up my hours in the classroom.  A stomachache also took over one night, so basically, I've been getting home, grabbing something quick to eat, and going to bed.  Here is a quick run-down of things I'm thankful for:

1)  I am thankful for my new job.  It has kept me busy but in a good way.  I feel like I am going to be making a valued contribution.  It's not that I didn't feel that way before, but now it feels even stronger.  I'm still getting my feet wet and imagine I will be over the next few months; I think I'm going to keeell eet.

2)  I'm thankful for my husband who refuses to take things lying down.  I'm also thankful he helps me and pushes me to get stuff done when I doooooooon't waaaaaaaaaaant toooooooooooo.  *cue whininess*

3)  I'm thankful I didn't kill a co-worked on my first day.  I brought a banana for lunch, and he's allergic.  Thankfully, things were so busy that I didn't have time to eat it!

4)  I'm thankful for how shocked and stunned and somewhat outraged my students were when I told them I was leaving.  They know how to make a girl feel special!  And I'm thankful that they are likely going to like the new instructor at least as much as me if not more.  (She has a nose ring and red streaks in her hair.  In short, she is COOL.)  Hopefully, this transition will be easy and smooth.

5)  I'm thankful that old students feel like they can reach out to me when they have an issue or question.

6)  I'm thankful for the support I've received from everyone at work, whether they were involved in my old position(s)  or are part of my new one(s).

7)  I'm thankful we got to celebrate my new job and his new job last weekend and that this weekend we enjoyed a fantastic lunch with friends and a night out at Crystal Bridges for the Black Hearts Ball.

At the Black Hearts Ball, they had funny conversational hearts around the entrance and cafe.  Zach took this one of the wall and tried to pin it to me because of my new job.  He hopes to Photoshop in an "S" before "HE" before I share it on Facebook.  *lol*  They also did a scavenger hunt based on whether or not you were single or taken for one free drink.  We were given clues about an artwork, and when we found the artwork in the gallery, there was a box with coasters for a free drinky drink.  :)

8)  I'm thankful for fun money!  And having a new job means more fun money.  Yes, sometimes I'm shallow, but I want to go shopping.  ;)

9)  I'm thankful Valentine's Day is this week and that we are going to Fred's Hickory Inn this next weekend for brunch to celebrate it.  I have part of Zach's gift, which he already knows about, but I am waiting for another part to come in.  He gave me sheets last month; they were part of my Valentine's, but he was afraid I wouldn't like them and/or would be disappointed on the holiday, so he gave them early.  Zach is giving me my birthday present this week because HE CAN'T WAIT!  I think I know what it is (as mentioned before).  I'm going to go ahead and offer a little something-something here to show him I can guess presents as well as he does.  *haha*  Here is a riddle to figure it out:
What sees, but never is in sight, closes but is never shut?

10)  I'm thankful that my colonoscopy is tomorrow and that I'll be eating some Flying Fish at some point.  Fingers crossed that all is well in Tummy Town!  It's not much of an extra day in the weekend, but I am going to make the evening--after I wake up and am feeling better--count!

11)  And I almost forgot:  I am thankful that Keegan arrived on January 30 at 9:15 p.m.  He was 7 lb. 2 oz. and 19 inches long.  I can't believe I forgot him!  It's probably because I haven't had a chance to see him yet and take pictures.  :(  BUT I am enjoying all of the ones I see on Facebook!  He is a beautiful baby!!

Share Your Thoughts

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I will reply to you as soon as possible!