I'm back!


I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Since I last wrote to you, we survived Zach's interim director position, hosted lots of fun and yummy dinner parties with friends, celebrated my 28th birthday, ended my third semester teaching at NWACC, and spent a MONTH traveling in England and Scotland.  :)

(So not much happened.)
(I kid, I kid.  :)

I've been trying to revive this baby since the semester ended.  I kept thinking that once I had free time, then I could be creative.  Lots of ideas have been floating around in my head, especially when I sat down and started a novel right before we left.  But other than that first week, I didn't touch my "novel" or write in the journal I brought.  I did keep up my posts on my personal Facebook page, which I've done now for over three and a half years (!!!!!!).  My creativity wasn't dried up--I was busy taking things in, so that they would imprint upon my soul.  And they did.  And I stayed creative, taking photos instead.  (I'll have to share some of the best ones soon.)

I've always been called to write, but I've lacked the discipline.

Lots of folks from work and lots of my friends follow my daily Facebook posts.  And a lot of them tell me, "Ashley, you should start a blog," and "You should write a book.  I would read it."

And I'm liiiiike:
...  (I have a blog.  But I don't keep up with it.  But I would like to, especially if folks will read it.  But what can I write about?  Oh, I guess the crap I already do.)  "That's a good idea."

So, I'm baaaaack.  :)
And I'm getting better about holding myself accountable.

I got some plans for this here space, and as I know that each time I've committed to blogging, I've done a bit better.  So I expect this round will be a bit better than the last, and maybe it will actually stick.

Hopefully, you notice the new design around these here parts.  I felt that was the best way to kick off tis fresh start, but I didn't want to reinvent the wheel.  I've been learning about HTML and all that jazz.  I'm pretty pleased with how it looks right now, but I'm sure, in a few months after I've learned even more, I will be like, "That's so embarrassing!"

For now, I'll rock this Pharr Side design.
What do you think about my new look?  And are you excited to have me back?


 photo b1ec0eef-a9ee-48d9-87d2-1285feb7aa0c_zpsd6f56ab6.jpg

Share Your Thoughts

  1. Yay! You're back! So impressed that you've learned some HTML - something that's on my to-do list but probably won't get done for a while, realistically. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for welcoming me back! I'm not sure if I quite understand how HTML works as a whole, but I'm understanding parts here and there. I need HTML for Dummies! *haha* I can design things in Photoshop (or, in this case, Pixlr), but it's been tricky to learn how to take that and decorate my space. I've got a schedule to keep me writing--hopefully, I can keep up with it!

      Delete
  2. I'm just catching up on your posts now, but welcome back! And I love the bright new look! And I'm really hoping to read more about your trip to England and Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, i still haven't posted about my trip. Maybe this weekend?! :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I will reply to you as soon as possible!